Week 22, 2017 - 1 Year Edition




Sup y'all! This week wasn't too exciting for shows (just a wedding party with some Beatles covers), so instead I can get into what I really want to talk about; It's officially been 1 year since I've started writing this weekly blog! Every Tuesday I've put together a short writeup about shows I've seen around the city (usually ones I run sound for at Joe Squared), take a few photos (however blurry) while the bands are playing, and compile links to their music and websites. I was tired of hearing about cool music projects like this being announced then going to the wayside, so one of the goals of this project was just to see if I could actually put it together every week. Some weekends are longer than others, and finding the time and energy to write every Monday can be tough, but every week I'd manage to pull it together and make an effort to release a new issue.

There is SO MUCH music in this city, and I wanted to help paint a picture of just how many bands and types of music there is around here. Some of it is fantastic! ...some of it is not. That being said I always try and remember that whenever someone's performing on stage they're doing just about their favorite thing in the world, and that even if it's not important to you their music is important to them. Hundreds and hundreds of bands have played Joe's in the past year consisting of days worth of music, so writing things down has also helped me remember who some of these bands actually are (also, drinking...)

So what's next? Well as long as I'm still running live sound I'll keep updating this blog as best as I can, and  I'll also be adding a podcast element to accompany some of these write ups. I really want to thank everyone who's been taking the time to read this, and I'll making some efforts to improve my content over the next few weeks. In the meantime take a look back at all of the awesome music that's played at Joe's over the last year, and get your butt to a show! Ok folks, THANK YOU SO MUCH and I'll see you next week!

Comments