Week 17, 2017

Howdy folks! This was kind of a tough week for me, but I still got to see some awesome music including one of my favorite shows I've ever worked. So without further babble let's just jump into it.

4/25/17 - Mothership // Heavy Temple // Foghound

I've wanted to work a show like this since I've started running sound. A desert rock/ stoner show featuring all the Ampegs and Orange cabs you could ask for, the fuzz turned to 10 as Kyuss and Sleep oozed through the house system. Foghound was actually the first band I pushed faders for professionally back at Ratscape 2013 so it was awesome to see them make their debut at the new Joe's, smashing through track after track of smoked-out guitar worship. Following the foggy madness was Philadelphia's Heavy Temple who's 3-piece onslaught of riffs decimated the audience and set the tone perfectly for Mothership, a Dallas trio of heavy rockers who threw down one of the heaviest sets we've ever had in the pizza basement, and on all on a Tuesday!

Foghound



Heavy Temple


Mothership



4/26/17 - Honey Whitlock // The Sueves // Alone Time

Wednesday was a quick 3 band lineup that opened with a return performance by Honey Whitlock who kicked it off with a set of loud, fast, and angry. The Sueves followed it up with some excellent nuggets-tinged garage rock (complete with mod-style haircut), and Alone Time closed it out with some all out thrashing and screaming.

Honey Whitlock


The Sueves


Alone Time



4/28/17 - Ge:anthology // Lagoon Squad // Medium Cheetah

Friday's lineup was 3 bands all playing their first show. Ge:anthology started things off with a solo set of acoustic numbers before handing it on to the instrumental surf-nonsense of the excellent Lagoon Squad. It was Medium Cheetah that stole the show however, with a set of high energy indie rock that showcased some very strong arrangements and excellent guitar work. After the show I escaped the city so that I could hit the beach for a much needed weekend by the ocean.

Ge:anthology


Lagoon Squad


Medium Cheetah


That's it for now. Next week is kinda light on shows, but I'll still be here to cover what I see. Until then!

Comments