Week 38, 2017

Sup gang. It was a light week for music on my end, but there was still some cool stuff to talk about, so here it is -

9/21/17 - Small Axe // Ian Wayne // 20ooo // Bug Martin

Thursday we had an intimate showcase of some great singer-songwriters, opening with Baltimore's own Bug Martin who provided some country/ folk infused originals. Up next was solo songstress 20ooo with a few fuzzy guitar numbers, followed by NY's Ian Wayne who along with his band played some excellent modern twangers. Small Axe made a return to the pizza basement to close the show with their unique brand of psychedelic acoustic jams.

Small Axe


Ian Wayne


20ooo


Bug Martin



9/22/17 - The Bangladesh Project

Friday The Bangladesh Project threw down the funk and hip-hop powered jams all night Downsquares, including some great re-worked covers complete with excellent soul and RnB vocals.

The Bangladesh Project



9/23/17

Saturday I took the MARC train down to DC to work stage crew for some swanky wedding at the Mellon Auditorium. Laying masonite, running cables, and moving cases around was a good chunk of the day, but I didn't mind - the space was amazing (the slapback and reverb in some of the corners was INCREDIBLE!), and I got to learn a bit more about putting these kinda productions together. There is some grumpy folks that work these jobs... I mean seriously A1 was pretty pompous, but it didn't really matter, I got out of there early afternoon and walked the Mall back to Union for the train.  Ended my Saturday grabbing tacos in Fells with some friends before catching the tail end of Sean K. Preston & The Loaded Pistol's set over at The Waterfront Hotel.



Sean K. Preston & The Loaded Pistols


That's it for this week. I'll be back next week and, hopefully, I'll have my podcast finally up as well. See ya!

Comments