Week 11, 2017

Sup er’body! Family reunions and broken phones were all the rage this week as Joe’s once again fired off another weekend of pizza-fueled mayhem for the fine folks of Bmore. We take you now to the heart of the action...

Her Fantastic Cats // Penny Pistolero // Terrain // Manners Manners


Friday was St. Patrick’s day, and as an alternative to the “Top O’ The Mornin’s” and Irish jigs happening everywhere else was yet another great show in the pizza basement. Local’s Her Fantastic Cats opened the show with a pretty cool set of self-described avant-folk(?) before making way for Penny Pistolero’s high-energy set of Americana-infused indie rock, and one of the better sets I've seen from them. Terrain melted faces with their ultra-nice guy indie fuzz, and Manners Manners returned to close out the night with their 3-piece fuzzy noise rock. My brother Michael was visiting the city from New York and stopped by towards the last set to say hello! It was really great to catch up with him as we don’t see each other that often…. and we got derrrrrrunNNKK! So much so that upon my eventual return home I broke my phone in an attempt to play music off our bluetooth speaker…ah well such is life. Still an awesome night!






Ms. Fridrich’s Messy Ann Band // Legends of Et Cetera // FuzzQueen

Thanks to some bad info I got to Joe’s ass-early to set up for Satuday’s show. After sitting around hydrating myself with Seltzer, the show eventually kicked off with Ms. Fridrich’s Messy Ann Band from Washington, DC who played an interesting set of songs that sounded like Tori Amos meets Maroon 5. Sans phone I wasn’t able to take any pics, but I’ve added what I could find. Up next was Baltimore’s own prodigy collective Legends of Et Cetera, and quite simply they were fantastic. They’d be good for adults, but it’s especially impressive since they all look barely out of high-school. DC’s appropriately named FuzzQueen wrapped up the night’s festivities with some… well, fuzzy female -fronted alt-rock that was a great conclusion to a rockin’ Saturday night. 





That’s it for this week! If you’re reading this on Tues. 3/21, then TOMORROW (3/22!!!) I’ll be at The Crown performing with my new band Vorrh, so please come on out and hang if possible! Alright y’all until next time!

Comments