Week 6, 2017

2/12/17 - James Von Lenz & The Oyster Barons


There wasn’t any shows at Joe’s this week, so Friday I made my way to Mt. Vernon to catch James Von Lenz and The Oyster Barons rock The Basement at Ryleigh’s. As the band blazed through their set of classic hits and Von Lenz penned originals, I found myself blazing through my drinks. Quickly the evening fell into a blurry haze full of great friends, interpretative dancing, and of course awesome music. I mean, who doesn’t love an extended Smooth Operator saxophone solo??? Seriously, it was badass! Also the venue at Ryleigh’s is great! They’ve hooked up the stage with some lights and a fog machine since the last time I’d been over there, and the sound was excellent. Following an open jam to end the show, the night culminated perfectly with some Korean bbq and soju amongst some really great folks!

James Von Lenz & The Oyster Barons


2/13/17 - Sean K. Preston Recording Session

After a run and a shower to stave off my hangover Saturday morning, I helped Sean K. Preston & The Loaded Pistols record drum tracks for some new songs they’ve been working on. It was awesome hanging with the band as they worked through their tunes, and after a little work I was very happy with the drum sound we were getting. Definitely looking forward to hearing what these recordings turn into, so keep an ear out in the near future to hear what happens.




Comments