Week 25, 2016 - Do You Know Where You Are?

Sup y’all, Summer is officially upon us and the awesome music keeps on coming! From jam bands to indie and math rock, to Gun N’ Fucking Roses, this week was all over the place (I even got a chance to perform a bit!) So enough with all this jibber-jabber, let’s check it out!

Wednesday 6/22/2016 - Sol Frequency // Agori Tribe

Jam bands. I was recently talking to some friends that just saw Dead & Co. in Jersey a few days prior so the smell of jam bands (patchouli?) was fresh in the air, and it seemed appropriate that the energy kept on rolling it’s way over to Joe’s. The night ran pretty late but the vibe was relaxed and the bands were super easy to work with. Shout out to Sol Frequency, this was their last show in Baltimore before they go on a permanent hiatus. If you’d like to catch them one last time before they call it a day they’ll be playing Dante’s Bar in Frostburg on July 22.






Friday 6/24/2016 - Richard Vain // $100 Girlfriend // Cascading Elephants // Showpony


This is how shows should be. Everything on Friday just rocked. All the bands were super nice, knew what they needed, set up quickly, and sounded great. I don’t know what else to say, I had a blast and made some awesome new friends! It’s shows like this that make me love my job the most.



Richard Vain


$100 Girlfriend



Saturday 6/25/2016


Saturday found me in Pasadena. Over the last few weeks I’ve been practicing some songs with my brother Daniel and some of his friends for a backyard show they wanted to do for my brother’s birthday. It was hard to find the time to practice , and things seemed shaky at times, but I honestly think we pulled it together. It was really cool, and I’m glad I got a chance to help my brother do something he’s wanted to do for a while. My parents also came out to see us, and I think they really appreciated seeing me and Dan working together like that. Hopefully this is just the first of many more jams to come!



Sunday 6/26/2016

Sunday I rode my bike to the Farmer’s Market at the Hollywood Diner Food Truck Park to catch Voodoo Pharmacology and grab a bratwurst. As of recently this was a rare appearance for the band who’ve been busy recording a new album. A little birdie told me that if you missed them on Sunday, you’ll have to wait until September to catch them again, so mark those calendars people! 

Last minute decisions led me to FedEx Field with my brother and Sister to see Alice in Chains and Guns N’ Roses! These were the bands that started it all me as an aspiring guitar player (For a while as far as I was concerned, Alice In Chains was THE band :P), so it was awesome to catch both of them again all these years later. I’m not usually a big fan of stadium/large arena shows, but the sound and video was fantastic, and definitely added to the over-the-top spectacle that is GN’R. While some of these aged rockers have withstood the tests of time better than others, the talent of these bands is undeniable. Guns N’ Roses played for 2 1/2 freaking hours, which was as equally impressive as it was daunting. Pyro, Fireworks, Slash playing guitar solos…not gonna lie it was pretty fucking cool!





That's gonna wrap it up for me this week. Next week is gearing up to be CRAZY so I’m sure I’ll have tons more to report back. Until next time!

Comments